BEST ORTHOPEDIC SURGEON IN HYDERABAD
Dr. Praharsha Mulpur Best Knee Replacement Surgeon in Hyderabad
MBBS, DNB (Orthopaedics – Gold Medalist)
FIJR (Fellowship in Joint Replacement Surgery.
Consultant Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement Surgeon
Specialist in Knee Arthroplasty and Robotic Joint Replacement Surgery.
He is one of the youngest knee replacement surgeons to be certified in robotic total and partial knee joint replacement surgery by Stryker-Mako.
Dr. Mulpur is experienced in total and partial knee replacement surgery, robotic joint replacement surgery, and trauma.
Dr. Praharsha Mulpur’s Expertise
• Robotic Joint Replacement Surgery (the most precise joint replacement surgery)
• Knee Replacement Surgery (to regain mobility, functionality, and quality of life)
• Hip Replacement Surgery for optimum results with 95% precision
• Fractured Bone Treatment (all types of fractured bones treatment)
• Joint Pain Treatment (Dr. Praharsha Mulpur provides treatment for all types of joint pains – knee, hip, elbow, shoulder, fingers).
• MBBS, Kamineni Institute of Medical Sciences
• DNB-Orthopaedics, Sunshine Hospitals, affiliated with NBE, New Delhi
• Buechel-Pappas Fellowship in Joint Replacement Surgery (Sunshine Hospitals)
Professional Affiliations and Memberships
Awards and Recognitions
• Dr. Praharsha is the recipient of the DR. BALU SANKARAN GOLD MEDAL in Orthopaedic Surgery at the National level conferred by the National Board of Examinations (NBE) for securing the All-India highest marks in the DNB Orthopaedics Final exam on June 2018 Session.
• The medal was awarded by Dr. Harsh Vardhan, Hon’ble Union Minister., Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Science and Technology and Earth Sciences, Govt. of India.
• Recipient of the 2020-2021 Robert Buchholz Journal Club Grant Award by the Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, America.
• Recipient of Dr. A.P.J Abdul Kalam Memorial Excellence Award 2020- awarded by the ACT NOW foundation for being the best knee replacement surgeon in Hyderabad.
Selected, as the best knee replacement surgeon in Hyderabad to attend the prestigious European Society for Cardiovascular and Endovascular Surgery (ESCVS) Summer School (in collaboration with the Heart and Health Foundation of Turkey) 26th–28th July 2013 organized in the Balcova Termal Convention Center, Izmir, Turkey. 10 Candidates were selected worldwide to participate.
Completed one-month observership in Trauma and Acute Care Surgery: Level 1 Adult and Paediatric Trauma Center, Regions Hospital, 640 Jackson Street, 55077, Minnesota, USA.
Dr. Praharsha was a Reviewer for the Bone and Joint Journal (BJJ), formerly JBJS British Journal.
1) Flexible Ag-Co60 Nano-biosensors Based on Surface Plasmon Coupled Emission for Clinical and Forensic Applications
PCCP, Royal Society of Chemistry
Mulpur P, Yadavilli S, Mulpur P, Kondiparthi N, Sengupta B, Rao AM, Podila R, Kamisetti V. Flexible Ag-C60 nano-biosensors based on surface plasmon coupled emission for clinical and forensic applications. Phys Chem Phys. 2015 Oct 14;17(38):25049-54. doi: 10.1039/c5cp04268b. PMID: 26345678.
2) Bilateral Solitary Glomus Tumour of Thumb: A Case Report
Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research (JCDR, May 2017)
Joseph VM, Maryada VR, Venkata GR, Mulpur P, Sagi M. Bilateral Solitary Glomus Tumour of Thumb: A Case Report. J Clin Diagn Res. 2017 May;11(5): RD04-RD06. doi: 10.7860/JCDR/2017/22374.9949. Epub 2017 May 1. PMID: 28658864; PMCID: PMC5483766
3) Simultaneous Bilateral Neck of Femur Fractures in an Adolescent Secondary to Hypocalcaemia Seizure
Chandankere V, Mulpur P, Maryada VR, Pendyala SR, Annapareddy GV. Simultaneous Bilateral Neck of Femur Fractures in an Adolescent Secondary to Hypocalcaemic Seizure. J Pediatr Orthop B. 2019 Sep;28(5):491-494.
Journal of Paediatric Orthopaedics B (JPO B, the official journal of IFPOS (International Federation of Paediatric Orthopaedic Societies).
4) Does Preoperative Carbohydrate Loading Help Outcomes in Total Knee Replacement Surgery? (Randomized Control Trial)
Chada RR, Maryada VR, Mulpur P, Reddy AVG, Maska A, et al. (2019) Does Preoperative Carbohydrate Loading Help Outcomes in Total Knee Replacement Surgery? J Nutri Med Diet Care 5:036.
5) Impact of COVID-19 on Orthopaedic Trauma Volumes: A Multi-centre Perspective from the State of Telangana
Maryada VR, Mulpur P, Guravareddy AV, Pedamallu SK, Vijay Bhasker B. Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic on Orthopaedic Trauma Volumes: A Multi-Centre Perspective from the State of Telangana. Indian J Orthop. 2020 Aug 13;54(Suppl 2):1-6
6) Mulpur, P., Sankineani, S.R., Thayi, C. et al. Does Early Debridement, Antibiotic Therapy and Implant Retention (DAIR) have a Role in Managing Periprosthetic Joint Infection of the Knee in Indian Scenario: A Retrospective Analysis of Outcomes. JOIO 55, 961–966 (2021). Indian Journal of Orthopaedics
7) The Role of 3-D Printed Models in Planning and Resection of Heterotopic Ossification Around the Elbow: A Case Series. Journal of Orthopaedics and Spine, 2021(Ahead of print)
8) The COVID-19 Pandemic- Challenges and Local Solutions in A Private Hospital
Journal of Health Management, 2021 (Ahead of print)
Associated journal of the Indian Institute of Health Management Research (IIHMR)
1) Fracture Neck of Femur in Children: Can We Predict Complications? Presented in the 21st Annual Conference of Trauma Society of India- Current Concepts in Trauma 2018
1) “The Role of Radial Head Resection Versus Radial Head Arthroplasty for Comminuted Radial Head Fracture with Elbow Dislocation”: Evidence Presented in OASIS Traumacon 2019.
DRUG TRIALS: Study coordinator in Narayana Hrudayalaya Hospitals for the following trial: Randomized, double-blind trial to compare the efficacy of Otamixaban (XRP 0673) with unfractionated Heparin+Eptifibatide, in patients with unstable angina/non-ST segment Elevation Myocardial Infarction scheduled to undergo an early invasive strategy.
The topline results of the completed Phase III study of the experimental anti-coagulant Otamixaban showed that it failed to meet its primary endpoint of superiority over current therapy.
CONTINUING EDUCATION: EXTRA-COURSE WORK
1) The best Orthopedic surgeon in Hyderabad successfully completed an online verified Signature track course “Passion Driven Statistics” provided and conducted by the Wesleyan University, USA on COURSERA. He achieved a grade of 96.9%. The course aimed at learning how to conduct data analysis using SAS Software and coding in the SQL Syntax.
2) The Science of Safety in Healthcare: Online course from Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland USA from COURSERA. Completed with a statement of accomplishment.
3) Vaccine trials: Methods and Best Practices: Online course from Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland USA from COURSERA. Completed with a statement of accomplishment.
4) “Anti-biotic Stewardship- A Competency-Based Approach” certification course by the World Health Organization (WHO) in January 2019
5) Anti-biotic Stewardship Course offered by Stanford University, the USA on the Coursera platform in March, 2019.